Welcome to American Baseball Foundation
Since its inception in 1994, the American Baseball Foundation Inc. has been successful in its role of an instructional center for both under-served youth in United States communities, (through the ABF Baseball & Academic Skills Instructional Course (BASIC); and also for youth from diverse communities on a worldwide basis.
To become part of Basic go to BASIC under Programs
Pitching instruction is provided through these methods:
- Individual lessons for pitchers/hitters at St. Vincent’s Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama
- Parent/player clinics in which instruction is given to the youth player and parent providing an opportunity for family education
- Pitcher development courses for volunteer coaches who desire to assist their players in prolonging their careers. The international version of the ABF pitcher development courses runs for three days
- Research related to pitching and the causal factors in youth pitching injury
International Baseball Development
- ABF educational programs for developing baseball countries include coach education courses, equipment donation and specialized schools related to pitching with the objective of partnering to provide a higher technical level to the youth playing baseball in the hosts countries.
- International competition in the form of taking youth teams to underdeveloped countries to promote international exchange both culturally and in the sport setting.