Consider Implementing BASIC in Your Community
Over the last twenty years, BASIC has been successfully implemented in four states in the USA and has been tested in Brazil. Note that the ABF is desirous of assisting in program implementation as our experienced staff can:
- Train your staff in the academic and field BASIC instruction
- Share content of the BASIC curriculum with partners
- Share information on baseball/softball equipment that is safe for young children who may be of different development ages
- Supervise the commencement of your BASIC program.
Ways to get involved
- Become an affiliate by implementing a full, four or five-week BASIC summer program.
- Opt for a one-week trial BASIC program.
- Use BASIC lessons for after-school sessions dividing the time between sports-related academics and sports instruction.
- Use four BASIC lessons focused on a sports personality for BASIC in-school.
BASIC Sponsors & Partners 2020
Vulcan Materials Company * The Daniel Foundation * Mike & Gillian Goodrich Foundation * Better Basics Inc * Birmingham Barons LLC * Dick’s Sporting Goods * Caring Foundation of BCBS of AL * Publix Super Markets Charities * Jugs Inc. * Children’s Fresh Air Farms * SAIL Consortium * Charles T. Campbell Charitable Foundation * Hamburger Heaven * Donato’s Pizza *Hispanic Ministry St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church* CAWACO RC&D Council * Honda Motor Manufacturing of Alabama * Michael Brown * Tom Scarritt *Garrett Sutton* Robert Smith* Doug Smith * Wells Fargo * Alabama Power Foundation * Susan & Wyatt Haskell * United Way of Central Alabama * Redmond Hogan * Neil McFadden * McConnel, White & Terry * Luke Dunn * Hillcrest Foundation, Inc. * Suzanne & Mike Graham * Morgan & Susan Eiland * Gary Kepplinger * Tom Hazuka * Rich Stephens * Pacific Headwear Inc. * Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church * John Carroll Catholic High School * Hoover Metropolitan Stadium * High Tower Twickenham * Huntsville School System * Mizuno USA * TSA, Inc. * Protective Life Foundation * Cutting Tools Engineers * Brownlee Morrow Enterprises Inc. * Southwest Airlines * Markwort Sporting Goods C Flap * Alabama Civil Justice Foundation * Agnes Cartner * ASMI * Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham * Milo’s Hamburgers * Southern Imagination Foundation * Osinski Family Fund * Celia and Steven Voorhees
The ABF is greatly appreciative for the recent grant given by the Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham to sustain our efforts to reverse not only summer learning slide but also COVID 19 slide that is affecting adversely our children.